Thursday, December 1, 2016

Medical Update

Wednesday and Today, Jim had appointments with various cardiologists at the University of Utah's Cardiovascular Center.  One will check on the heart function, the other on the ICD device he had implanted.  Crazy, they can reprogram it from a computer.

Everything seems to be fine and progressing as it should be.  We would like it to be faster, but as we look back a week ago, we can see the improvement.  The biggest problem is the shortness of breath when he walks too far, hence the wheelchair.
The University Hospital is very nice with excellent service.  The medical care in Denmark is very comparable to what they have in the U.S.  The difference seems to be in the service and extra ammenities.  I think it is because there is competition here and the patient can choose from several different hospitals and plans.  
Besides the beautiful decorations,  they have people playing the piano in the lobby and car valet service at the front door.   I just drive up and give them my key and when I need it I scan my ticket and the car is delivered to the front door again, no tipping allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment